Thursday 3 November 2011

An article from Greg in Hollywood

Welsh rugby player Jed Hooper comes out!

I’m a few days late with this item but I wanted to offer my congratulations to Welsh rugby star Jed Hooper who came out publicly this week.

He follows in the footsteps of recently-retired rugby star Gareth Thomas who is also from Wales.

Jed is just 22 and captain of the Welsh rugby team the Old Redcliffians.

He explained to the Bristol Post what motivated him to come out: “I met someone earlier this year who said he could not be with someone who was in the closet. That, basically, was the catalyst that I needed. Before that, I think I had already told about ten friends and their reaction was very positive so that gave me an inkling of what might happen. And I also thought if the crap really hits the fan then at least there are ten people on my side!”

You’ve got a lot more than that Jed!

No comments:

Post a Comment