Thursday 19 January 2012

Neil Patrick Harris is cover on Out magazine

{Souce]

Neil Patrick Harris and partner grace Out magazine's latest Love Issue cover

Hollywood actor Neil Patrick Harris and his partner, David Burtka, are the cover stars of this month's Out magazine.

Peter Lloyd

Thursday, 19 January 2012

Hollywood actor Neil Patrick Harris and his partner, David Burtka, are the cover stars of this month's Out magazine.

The couple appear together in the title's annual Love Issue, which provides first-person accounts of gay relationships and gay families.

Featuring a stylised black and white photo shoot, the pair are seen kissing, dressing each other and in bed.

“There’s something kinetic about him and his being. He’s classically sexy, yet he’s very much a boy in his energy. It’s a great dynamic,” Harris writes of Burtka.

“When I see people who are equally attractive, they tend to seem quiet and kind of Marlboro Man-y, and David’s the antithesis of that. He’s more like Tigger. I’m, in turn, very introspective–the thinker, rather than the doer. I tend to weigh options before making decisions, and David is the polar opposite of that. We’re hyper similar and also incredibly opposite.”

Of Harris, Burtka similarly scribes: “Without him, I can’t breathe. The biggest thing is that he makes me laugh, but he’s also smart. He can do everything. I’m not kidding; I think he’s half robot. He makes me a little more grounded, and I bring out the wild side in him. Don’t get me wrong–we fight. Our fights last five minutes, then we’re over it. And we’re both Gemini–we have a good twin and a bad twin, and the four of us get along really well.”

Burtka, who joined E! News this month as a correspondent, adds: “I don’t want people to think we’re a perfect couple. Nothing’s perfect. A relationship is work and it changes. It’s more good times than bad, but it’s not always good.

"We have a great recipe for a wonderful relationship, but we don’t want to be the poster boys for gay relationships. We’re not trying to pretend that we are perfect. We’re just trying–in a good, positive, loving way–to life our lives.”

Harris looks forward to the day the two become legally wed. 

“I’m not the biggest fan of the word ‘partner’: It either means that we run a business together or we’re cowboys,” Harris pens.

“‘Boyfriend’ seems fleeting, like maybe we met two weeks ago. I’ve been saying ‘better half’ for as long as I’ve been able to. I think it’s a little self-deprecating and clearly defines that we’re in a relationship, but it would be nice to say ‘my husband.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment