Monday 25 June 2012

Adam talks about being a gay pop star and...

[Source]

Watch! Adam Lambert On Being A Gay Pop Star And (Former) Reluctant Role Model

Posted by snicks on June 25, 2012



Adam Lambert sat down with Billboard.com to discuss the whirlwind of the last few years, and his initial reluctance to embrace being a gay role model and voice:
"At the beginning I was a little bit like, 'I don't know what to say, I don't know how to be that role model,' even though all of a sudden people are telling me I am. One of the things I find very gratifying now is that I have grown a lot more comfortable with my position and I'm embracing the opportunity to be able to address this stuff through music."
Even though he's now settled in to his position, he's still vowing to make it on his own terms, even if it has its difficulties:
"In so many cases, I find myself saying, I wanna be the really nice down-to-earth guy who happens to be gay in order to set an example that it's not threatening. Then there's another part of me that's like, no I wanna be fierce and ... do whatever I want because I'm a rebel. I have that battle inside of me. I know a lot of people do."
Here's hoping the fierce wins out!

No comments:

Post a Comment