Monday 26 May 2014

The Normal Heart - HBO (TV movie)

[Source]

The Normal Heart (2014)
TV Movie - 133 min - Drama -  25 May 2014(USA)

A gay activist attempts to raise HIV/AIDS awareness during the early 1980s.

Director:Ryan Murphy
Writer:Larry Kramer (screenplay)

Taylor Kitsch...Bruce Niles
Matt Bomer...Felix Turner
Julia Roberts...Dr. Emma Brookner
Jonathan Groff...Craig
Jim Parsons...Tommy Boatwright
Mark Ruffalo...Ned Weeks
Alfred Molina...Ben Weeks
Denis O'Hare
Finn Wittrock...Albert
Joe Mantello...Mickey Marcus
Frank De Julio...Nick

--------------------------------------------

It's a HBO television film adopted from the same name play "The Normal Heart".

I haven't watched the play. I wish I lived in the US. I hope I'll be able to watch it someday.

The original play were Off-Broadway production at The Public Theater in 1985, and it was revived in Los Angeles and London and again Off-Broadway in 2004.
In 2011, the play debuted on the Broadway.
Also it was performed at Arena Stage of Washington, D.C. for three weeks in July 2012.
In Canada, a production produced by Studio 180 Theatre at Buddies in Bad Times theatre in Toronto, Ontario.

Matt Bomer's performance was amazing which almost made me believe that he was really ill.
And I kind of become a fun of Mark Ruffalo.
The scene where Tommy (Jim Parsons) recieved a notice of someone's death and took a card (dead person's name was written) from an address card holder and put it in the desk drawer made me so sad.

Anyways it was a good film.

No comments:

Post a Comment