Thursday 26 June 2014

Brendan Fehr of NBC's The Night Shift was not comfortable filming a gay kiss - GAYSTARNEWS

[Source]

Brendan Fehr of NBC's The Night Shift was not comfortable filming a gay kiss

'I don't like kissing guys, it doesn't do anything for me. It's really uncomfortable, but you gotta get past that'

26 June 2014 | By Greg Hernandez

Photo: NBC
Brendan Fehr played a gay prostitute in the sexually explicit 2004 film Sugar. Yet he says he was 'uncomfortable' about some aspects of his role as a closeted gay doctor in the new NBC drama The Night Shift.

Fehr, best known for the cult classic TV series Roswell, seemed to be most challenged by filming his first on-screen kiss with a man.

'It was uncomfortable for me,' he tells TooFab. 'In Episode 106, my boyfriend (played by openly gay actor Luke Macfarlane) comes and I don't like kissing guys, it doesn't do anything for me.'

Of kissing another man the 36-year-old actor says: 'It's really uncomfortable, but you gotta get past that, his story is bigger than that. The emotion behind that is so much bigger that that. I was scared, petrified in a lot of ways, but I wanted to push myself and see if I could do it.'

So why take on the role?

'It was the challenge of portraying Drew,' he says. 'I think it was the risks involved as well. To play a homosexual on network television, what are the risks? There's a whole bunch of them. What are the rewards? Not as many. I just felt like I had something to offer.'

No comments:

Post a Comment