Wednesday 29 September 2010

Marc Silcock extends 'Emmerdale' contract

Marc Silcock extends 'Emmerdale' contract
Wednesday, September 29 2010, 18:57 BST By Ryan Love, Entertainment Reporter

Emmerdale's Marc Silcock has confirmed that he has extended his contract to remain in the show until spring next year.

The actor, who portrays Jackson Walsh, told Digital Spy that he was pleased to know that he will have spent at least a year in the Yorkshire soap.

"I've just been extended, which takes me through until spring next year, which is fantastic," he said.

He continued: "At the moment, I know I'm there until early next year. I'm there for the first couple of months of 2011 which will be great as it will see me through a year.

"What happens after that is completely up to the bosses but all I know is that."

Emmerdale's executive producer Gavin Blyth praised Silcock and said that it would have been "silly" of the soap to let him go.

"Marc's performances have been absolutely fantastic," he said. "So we would be silly not to keep him and enjoy more of Marc and Jackson."

He added: "We've actually just extended his contract a little bit more into 2011 which is great. The chemistry is so good and the story has proved phenomenally successful.

"We'd be daft to break that partnership up."

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment