Sunday 9 January 2011

An article from AfterElton

[Source]

Director of "Twelve Thirty" Says Jonathan Groff Couldn't Be More Believable Playing Straight
Posted by Michael Jensen, Editor on January 8, 2011

In an interview with Gay City News, Jeff Lipsky, the straight writer and director of the new drama Twelve Thirty, says out Broadway star Jonathan Groff is completely believable as a straight man. Says Lipsky:
"I'd not heard of Groff before casting," he said. "I saw 'Spring Awakening' after he left the cast. 'Taking Woodstock' was released after we cast 'Twelve Thirty.' Then 'Glee' came along. I didn't know of his fandom gathering critical mass. When I met and auditioned him, called him back, cast the film, and directed him, I had no idea he was gay. If he came out before the movie, I can't say if I would cast him or not. But I can't imagine another actor, straight or gay, who could be more believable or plausible."
The movie opens in New York next Friday and even though The Hollywood Reporter didn't particularly care for it, Groff is the only actor the reviewer did like.

Here is the movie's trailer.



I guess I don't like his quote, which I coloured in red. Jonathan was brilliant also in Glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment